General Job Duties
The engineering position will act as the systems administrator/engineer for our clients with duties including, but not limited to:
- World Class customer service and people skills
- Documentation of resolutions, observances, time worked, and communication
- Communication with other engineers and management
- Installation, maintenance, and support of Servers, Workstations, and peripheral equipment including customer-sponsored mobile devices
- Installation, maintenance, and support of network devices such as switches and routers
- Management of e-mail, backup, anti-spam, and virus protection
- Administration of user accounts, permissions, and passwords
- Monitoring Network and computer resource usage
- Ensure the most cost-effective and efficient use of server equipment
- Suggesting and providing IT solutions to business and management problems
- Undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining, and monitoring network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet.
- Providing training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Perform Help Desk function when on rotation for Remote Support
- Other items as assigned by management
- Report issues and communicate with the Supervisor and other members of ITS management
- Participate in On-Call emergency rotations
As part of Acumen's relationship with its customer acting as the customer's IT Department, Engineers are expected to work with customer vendors to install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair as needed. This includes ISPs and software/ hardware vendors.
IT Engineers are expected to be trusted advisors for each customer they work with. As part of this, it is the duty of the Engineer to complete work efficiently. At times, this may mean that the Engineer must continue working past normal working hours (8:00am – 5:00pm) to ensure resolution and to minimize customer down-time. By nature, some maintenance must be performed outside of normal working hours. Work hours of 40-45 hours per week are expected and normal; although approximately eight (8) hours of after-hours work during a given month is expected.
Compensatory Time may be awarded to Engineers who consistently and out of necessity works well above the standard work week. Work performed must be documented and tracked in AcumenIT systems in order for time to be awarded.
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of management skills with the ability to lead and coach client IT personnel or client Liaison into good work habits and performance while following Acumen stated policies and practices.
- Must have above-average customer service skills. Need to be able to communicate effectively with owners of client businesses and employees of client businesses. Attitude and demeanor needs to be professional but also that of service.
- Must be a self-starter, able to function independently, be motivated to remain abreast of information technology, and be a team player willing to take direction from management.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret fairly complex documents such as flow charts, circuitry, etc. Ability to respond promptly and effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, using proper spelling, for documentation of work done for billing purposes, and updates to tickets.
- Ability to speak clearly and to enunciate well, with proper use of the English language in order to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Computer skills: in-depth knowledge of computer hardware and software. Ability to individually troubleshoot problems and issues without necessarily relying on co-workers. Ability to learn client software programs well enough to perform basic troubleshooting and to work with 3rd party vendors on behalf of the customer. Ability to use common Microsoft Office application programs such as Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to use computer projection devices. Ability to do basic work on printers such as inserting maintenance kits, and basic cleaning.
- Moderate physical effort is required. Most work is performed while sitting, using a desktop or laptop.
- Site visits will require standing, walking, and/or climbing stairs.
- Lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs. may be required at times.
- 3+ Years of experience in supporting and managing Information Technology Systems
- Positive mental attitude
- Fluent Speaker of the English Language
- Great Verbal communication skills
- Good with People skills
Not required but would like:
- Microsoft IT Certifications, specifically MCSE 2012
- Labtech experience
- ConnectWise experience
- 2 or 4 year degree in IT or IS
Contact the job poster: Beth Lee Davis
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- supporting: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement