This IT Tech Support Analyst position is located Piedmont, SC and is for B shift. This position reports to the IT Technical Support Supervisor and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
- Support mission critical Just in Sequence/Time (JIS/JIT) Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Ensure LAN/WAN capabilities are maximized through effective network administration, high levels of systems security and a timely, reliable, accurate systems recovery program.
- Develop, test and maintain system recovery procedures and disaster recovery plans.
- Develop, test and maintain documented systems procedures/work instructions – train end users.
- Support the maintenance and trouble-shooting requirements of information systems.
- Help determine reasons for equipment failures and advise on corrective and preventive actions to eliminate future safety, quality or downtime issues.
- Support Communication devices including cell phones and phone system.
- Maintain and support front office systems including: Solidat, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Participate in internal audits (SOX,TS,ISO).
- Performs such other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or related study or equivalent experience.
- High School diploma and 3 years IT related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Information Systems with a strong manufacturing background, preferably in the Tier 1 OEM automotive parts industry.
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Administration (AD, DHCP, DNS, Server, Group Policy Management, etc.)
- Understanding of VMWare cluster environments and maintenance (ESXi).
- Must have a working knowledge of relational database applications.
- Hand-held devices; bar code scanners, RF tag-readers, card readers.
- Must have the ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Must have basic administrative knowledge of the 2003 and Linux server.
- Must prepare process flow diagrams.
- Experience with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Ability to communicate effectively and work both independently and well with others.
- Ability to work off hour shifts & weekends
- Not required but a plus - Programming SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers a plus OR Intermediate programming (C#, VB, ASP.NET, java, etc)
For more information about this posting on Magna's website, click this link.
|Employer is EEO:
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.