Mount Vernon Mills, Inc. is a diversified and integrated manufacturer of textile, chemical and related products for the apparel, industrial, institutional, and commercial markets. Products include denim, piece dyed and flame resistant fabrics for apparel, pocketing, table linens and other hospitality products, textile sizing and finishing chemicals, paint roller fabrics and automotive fabrics. Headquartered in Mauldin, South Carolina, Mount Vernon has about 2,400 employees and operates 12 production facilities in the U.S., located in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Mississippi. Additionally, from terminals in Alabama and South Carolina, Mount Vernon provides truckload and less-than-truckload hauling services to internal and external customers throughout the U.S.
Network Systems Administrator
Responsible for configuring, testing and installing network hardware, to include routers, switches, firewalls, phone systems and other network related equipment. Will manage data and voice traffic for Mount Vernon’s multiple locations. Responsible for intrusion prevention and detection. Will upgrade firmware and install system patches. Must communicate well with Mount Vernon employees and team members as well as external vendors and communication providers.
- Position is based in Mauldin, SC with some travel to Mount Vernon locations in the Southern US.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Firewall, Switch, Router, and other network equipment and appliance installation, configuration, testing and monitoring, primarily utilizing SonicWall VPNs and Brocade switches.
- Firewall configuration, monitoring, firmware and security updates.
- Develop and manage working relationships with 3rd party communications vendors to support WAN communications, internet access, phone communications, etc.
- Configure and support employee VPN access.
- Select and install network monitoring solution for identification of potential issues.
- Install, configure and support network access control solutions for blocking rogue devices, configure and enforce policies for preventing access to the network.
- Maintain disaster recovery documentation, plans and testing.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years experience in network administration. Multi-location experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Time-management under varying priorities
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules