This position is for Decostar Industries Inc., a division of Magna Exteriors
Magna Exteriors offers a variety of products for the automotive, commercial transportation, consumer and industrial markets. We are an industry leader in molding, painting and assembly, with expertise in developing exterior systems and modules for our customers’ global programs.
This position reports directly to the IT Technical Support Supervisor and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
- To exhibit an objective, fair and professional attitude that exemplifies the principles outlined in The MAGNA Employee’s Charter to maintain a positive and productive workplace.
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow Decostar policies and display conduct expected of Decostar employees as described in the employee handbook.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of Decostar.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments as required and per the department’s established procedures and work instructions.
- Support mission critical Just in Sequence/Time (JIS/JIT) Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Ensure LAN/WAN capabilities are maximized through effective network administration, high levels of systems security and a timely, reliable, accurate systems recovery program.
- Develop, test, and maintain system recovery procedures and disaster recovery plans.
- Develop, test and maintain documented systems procedures/work instructions – train end users.
- Support the maintenance and trouble-shooting requirements of information systems.
- Support Communication devices including cell phones, phone system, and 2 way radios.
- Maintain and support front office systems including: Solidat, AutoCAD,& Lotus Notes, Participate in internal audits (SOX, TS,& ISO).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or equivalent experience.
- High School diploma and 3 years IT related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Information Systems with a strong manufacturing background, preferably in the Tier 1 OEM automotive parts industry.
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Administration (AD, DHCP, DNS, Server, Group Policy Management, etc.)
- Background in VMWare cluster environments and maintenance (ESXi).
- Programming SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers a plus OR Intermediate programming (C#, VB, ASP.NET, java) a plus.
|Employer is EEO:
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students and alumni will be accepted and assigned to job opportunities and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications protected by applicable state or local laws.